UTAH 2021: Highlights
UNMET UTAH 2021
UNMET Conferences meet the fundraising needs of early-stage companies throughout the country.
UNMET Utah 2021, co-hosted by Kickstart Fund and Stout Street Capital, is set to attract more than 60 of the fastest-growing Seed and Series A startups from Utah and around the country. Presenting companies will have the opportunity to pitch their business ideas to more than 200 institutional Venture Capital investors from around the world – and to network with peers.
The UNMET Utah 2021 virtual conference will be hosted on Thumbraise, a video-pitch platform that enables founders to create short-form video pitches – similar to Instagram Stories – about their companies. Founders and investors can then meet one-on-one on a privately hosted network.
Dates: May 4th – May 31st, 2021
John Sotomayor, SotoIP Founding Patent Attorney, was formerly in-house Patent Counsel for high-tech startups, is a former Patent Examiner with the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), and spent the first half of his career working as an Electrical Engineer in the energy, telecommunications, software, and intelligence sectors. He has deep experience in software methods, software driven products, electrical, electro-mechanical, medical and other devices.
Timeline UNMET Utah 2021
May 4 – May 31st 2021
04/01 | Company Application Open
04/19 | Company Application Deadline
04/28 | Finalists Notified via Email
05/01 | Investor Registration Deadline
05/04 | Portal Opens and Conference Starts (Registered Investors Receive Onboarding Email: Noon MT)
05/31 | Conference Ends
How It Worked?
UNMET Utah 2021 will be held over a 4-week period from May. 4th to May. 31st.
As an investor,
1. Register to gain access to every UNMET VC conferences in 2021.
2. Receive tickets prior to the event.
3. On May 4th (event start day), you will be given access to the Thumbraise platform. Watch company pitches and connect with founders at your own pace through our private network on Thumbraise from May 4-31.
UNMET Utah 2021 will be held over a 4-week period from May 4th-31st.
As a founder,
1. Submit a quick application (see below image for detail application process).
2. Selected companies will be notified by the UNMET team and founders can continue to update company materials before May 4th.
3. Pitch your business to investors and network with peers. Interested investors will reach out to connect via Thumbraise.
Company Applications Closed
Utah ’21 Attendees
“Spending 24 hours and meeting this many founders and investors in Middle America is fascinating.“
“If you are a company or an investor and you want to meet 15-20 potential partners, why not do it in 24-48 hours period through UNMET as opposed to over weeks and getting on planes.”
“Meeting 12-15 companies within our thesis and co-investors in 24 hours is highly efficient.“
“There are tremendous opportunities at UNMET with all the companies here as companies are growing and looking to be connected with people. Great way to get our names out there and assist companies through that transition.“